Monday, August 11, 2014

Cheesy Broccoli Potato Patties

I was at supermarket one day, thinking about what to cook for the night. That is the kind of day when my brain freeze. Then I spotted broccoli!! Seriously??? Broccoli?? Kids will rather not eat dinner then. Somehow I still decided to buy it having no idea what and how am I going to do with it. Hahaha.... came home that afternoon, looking at the green monster, thinking real hard. Finally I got an idea. Broccoli Potato Patties!!!. I remember seeing recipes for broccoli patties but was too lazy to look through the internet so I decided to create my own patties. My impromptu mix and match and tada...... this is it. With the help of potatoes and cheese,  my new dish was served hot and crispy and non of them complain!!! They love the dish!!!



Broccoli and Potato Patties

1 1/2 cup broccoli florets
1 big potato, boiled smashed
1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese
1/4 tsp salt
Dash of pepper
1/2 cup potato starch
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 egg, beaten



1. Boil broccoli in boiling water for abt 1 min. Drained and chopped finely.

2. Add chopped broccoli, cheese, salt and pepper into mashed potato. Mix well.

3. Scope a spoonful of the broccoli mixture and make make a ball then flatten it. This is when you try to give a tight but not too hard press to the patty to make shape. 

4. In a pan, heat oil for deep frying.

5. Coat each patty with potato starch then shake off excess flour.  Next dip patty into beaten egg and the coat with bread crumb. Do the same for the rest of the patties.

6. Fry patties in medium heat for about 3 mins each side or till golden brown.

7. Drain excess oil and serve hot.


Note: Ingredients are all cooked, patties just need to be fried til crispy on the outside so do not fry for too long. I also serve it with Japanese mayo.





No comments:

Post a Comment