Thursday, October 3, 2013

Easy Grilled Salmon

Have been very busy with daily life.  Honestly I have no idea why I do not have much time for many things.  I find myself drained by night time.  Errands to run, things to manage at home, my work (crazy schedule, my organizer is looking like a typhoon had swipe passed) then kids to manage (this take up most part of my time)!!!  I try my very best to keep a balance at home making sure everyone is happy and well taken care of.  I do not know about other single mothers but I just know I actually freak out if I know kids are upset with some issues in their own life.  I will put on my Wonder Woman armor and do all I can for them to keep them happy or help them with their issues which means if this happen, there goes my personal time!!!  I realise as they grow older, they have more issues...... it will be wonderful if they remain as toddlers and I am in my dreamland fantasizing again.  It is good to day dream sometimes...... it brings me into another world and you will find me smiling to myself ahahhaha.  I feel that I have double responsibility to the family as I am alone and I think sometimes I might have overload my plate.  

I know Lotte loves Salmon, she has not been very well.  I want to cheer her up so I whipped up this simple satisfying meal for her.




Easy Grilled Salmon

300-400g of fresh Salmon fillet with skin on, cut into half thick strip (makes 2 pieces)
2 tbsp japanese soy sauce
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp dried dill (use fresh ones if have)
dash of black pepper
Olive oil for grill pan and salmon


1. Whisk soy sauce, mustard, dill and black pepper together.  Drizzle over salmon fillets and let it sit for about 15 mins.

2. Heat grilled pan and wipe the pan with some olive oil. 

3. Once pan is hot, brush salmon with some olive oil and place Salmon skin side down on the grill. Grill undisturbed for 3 to 4 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish.  Turn carefully with a spatula and grill other 3 sides for about another 1 to 2 minutes each side. If your salmon is not as thick as mine, you just need to grill on the skin side and bottom for 3 to 4 minutes each. 


Note: Pat dry the salmon before you marinate. I also like to pat dry the marinated salmon before grilling the salmon.  Skin side must be down first so that less chance of salmon falling apart when flipping.



I served the salmon with olive rice and Sunny-side up (with runny yolk, Lotte's favourite)

Our dinner is done with in 1/2 hour!!!!  Yipee!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment