Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pork Fragrance Rice

One of the magic one-pot dish that is so common at our home is this Fragrance Rice.  We can have it once a week at times.  I can cook this with eyes close.....ehhhh kidding.  I mean I know this recipe inside out.  Have been very busy with alot of things that have been happening in my life and with people around me.  Kind of overwhelmed and there were few days I felt pulled down. Some days my brain is in repair...... under reconstruction and I totally cannot function.  Charlotte is still not well so have to keep menu simple at home.  I was sitting at dining table thinking about dinner and suddenly the 'light bulb' in my head lighted up and I was excited and telling all at home, "Hey guys, you know what?  I will be cooking Fragrance Rice tonight!!!!" with a big smile on my face.......background, ................... Yes silence..... as if anyone bothers.  I think they were reacting correctly.  We have this so often what's so exciting about?? ahahhaha ok let's get back to the cooking part.  Ok here it goes.








Fragrance's Rice

a tray of pork shoulder, sliced thinly
2 shallots, sliced thinly
a bunch of dried shrimp, minced
1 chinese sausage, sliced
5 chinese mushrooms, soaked and sliced
1 small cabbage, cut into small pieces
2 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
a dash of pepper
1 tbsp corn flour
2 tbsp water
2 tbsp oil
2 cups rice,washed
1 cup water
1 tsp salt



1. In a bowl, mix pork with fish sauce, light soy sauce, sesame oil, pepper, corn flour and water.
Marinate the pork for at least an hour or more.


2. In a wok, heat oil then add dried shrimps and shallots, fry till fragrance.  Add pork and fry for 3 mins.

3. Once pork turn brown, add mushrooms and sausage and fry for another 2 mins in high heat. 

4. In rice cooker, mix rice, water and salt. Top it with cabbage then the
 cooked pork mixture.

5. Turn the cooker on and let it cook.  Serve hot.


Note:  Cut the amount of water for rice by at least half.  The reason is cabbage will gives out alot of moisture when cooked. If you cook rice the usual way, the rice will eventually become soggy. 

Enjoy enjoy this fast and easy recipe.  For you on your busy busy day.




No comments:

Post a Comment