Sunday, September 15, 2013

Steamed Chicken Rice in Rice Cooker!!

Friends always ask me if I let helper cook.... oh yes of course...... i gave her the freedom. The catch is, her menu will be same from Monday to Friday if I let her prepare lunch. This is how her lunch menu will look like.....
Monday: Dry Mee Pok.
Tuesday: Dry instant noodle.
Wednesday: Dry Yellow noodle.
Thursday: Dry Mee kia (thin noodle).
Friday: Dry noodle whichever she can find at home.
So, I do not let her cook dinner if possible. My gosh, i do not want fried rice every night!!! I am not complaining, I love cooking and I have no issue doing it. I think everyone has their like and dislike. If we like something, we will initiate to do it. For my helper, I gave her free access to my kitchen and recipe books library. Never once she shows interest so after the first 2 years I gave up trying to coax her into cooking her traditional Philippine dishes. Now into her 4th year with us, she is used to have me serve her dinner. Well that's ok because I drag eating fried rice as that's the only staple dish she really know how to cook. On my busy day I try to make simple dinner. Sometimes I prepare in advance during day and helper put all into the pot or into the rice cooker for me in the evening. Yes, rice cooker dinner for all at home. Mom taught me this but again I twisted her recipe a little. This is one of the quickie dinners we love. 



Steamed Chicken Rice

Steamed Chicken

1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp minced ginger
4 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp chinese cooking wine
2 tbsp sesame oil

Rice

5 pandan leaves, washed and tie In bundle
5 cloves garlic, crushed
4 slices ginger
1 tsp salt
2 cups uncooked rice
1 1/2 cup water


1. Mix chicken with garlic, ginger, oyster sauce, soy sauce, wine n sesame oil. 

2. Marinate for at least an hour or overnight or as long as time allows.

3. Washed rice, add water, pandan leaves, garlic, ginger, salt and mix well.

4. Place a steaming tray ( with holes) above the uncook rice mixture. Pour marinated chicken onto tray including all juices.

5. Cover rice cooker and let it cooked. Once cooked, do not open lid. Let everyone sit warmly inside cooker for another half hour.  

6. Take out chicken and arranged them onto a serving plate.

7. Removed pandan leaves, garlic and ginger from rice. Serve  rice with chicken.

I normally serve with some sesame oil and dark sauce dip. Ahhhhh I can smell the fragrance while typing out the recipe. Love this dish!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment