Thursday, September 12, 2013

Terriyaki Chicken and Chawamushi (My way)

Japanese dinner!!!!! Knowing kiddos love Terriyaki....I know I made the right choice. Seeing their satisfying faces at dinner is my grestest reward after a tired day. Sometimes I am so tired, I start to day dream that I am a rich tai tai......go shopping, meet friends, do my readings, paintings, art, music and do not have to work and earning a living. Not kidding, I can really dream till I missed my exit in expressway back to home!!! I always have to say out loud to myself in the car, 'WAKE UP ADRIANA. FACE THE REALITY!!!!' what a pooper.... ok back to the earth. Now let's talk about making Terriyaki Chicken. 
Terriyaki Chicken

 2 pieces of chicken chops


Homemade Terriyaki Sauce

1/2 cup Japanese soy sauce
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp mirin
1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp honey
1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 1/2 tsp minced ginger

Mix all ingredients in a small saucepan and boil till sugar dissolved. Let it cool.
(You can make the sauce in advance and store in fridge up to a week)

1. Once Terriyaki sauce has cooled, marinate chicken with the sauce for at least 1 hour or overnight.

2. Heat up a grill pan and oil the pan a little. Once pan is hot, grill the chicken till golden brown. 

Note: Do not turn the chicken too quickly. Be patient and let it sit On the grill for the tanning.
          Let the chicken sit for 5-10 mins before you cut them. This will retain the juice in the
          meat.


Chawamushi (My way) Serve about 4 bowls

2 eggs lightly beaten
250g mushroom stock (can get from supermart)
1/2 tsp Japanese soy sauce
4 shitake mushrooms
4 crab sticks


1. Mix beaten eggs and stock, gently beat till you see bubbles.

2. Place sliced Shitake mushroom and crab meat in a prepared bowls.

3. Sieve egg mixture into bowls to 3/4 filled.

4. Wrapped each bowl with foil and steam on high heat for about 12-15 mins. Serve hot.

I know my Chawamushi is not authentic but still, who cares??!!!! As long as my angels love it, I cook my own way.

Oishii!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment