Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Good Fortune Chicken

Been eating too much pork and fish..... poor kiddos.  I feel bad they have to give their favourite chicken 'cold shoulder' on my expense.  So I decided to cook them chicken and I cook myself some beef for a change.  What is light and not too oily???? hmmmm..... brain cracked. Finally decided on this boiled chicken that is called Good Fortune Chicken.




Good Fortune Chicken

4 chicken thighs
4 tbsps chinese cooking wine
2 tbsps oil
1 spring onions, cut 
4 slices of ginger
2 cloves of garlic, sliced
2 tbsp wolfberries (gou qi zi), soaked

Seasoning
6 tbsps light soy sauce
3 tbsps sugar
2 tsp seasme oil 


1. Bring a pot of water to boil.  Add chicken once water boiled.  Poach chicken in boiling water for 15 mins or till cooked.  Drain well and rub chicken with chinese cooking wine. Cover and set aside in room temperature.

2. Heat oil in a wok over medium high fire. Stir fry ginger, garlic and wolfberries till fragrant, about 4 mins.  Add seasoning and mix well.  Lastly add spring onions and fry for a min and remove from fire.  

3. Cut chicken into bite size and arrange on a serving plate. Pour stir fried ingredients over the chicken and serve at once.



As for myself, I still have to stay off chicken and so this is my stir fry beef.


Stir-Fry Beef with Capsicum

A plate of sliced beef 
pinch of salt and pepper
1/2 tsp Thyme
1 clove of garlic, sliced
1/2 yellow onions, sliced
1/2 green capsicum, sliced 
1/2 red capsicum, sliced
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp chinese cooking wine


1. Season the beef with salt, pepper and thyme.  

2. In a wok, heat 2 tbsp oil on high heat.  Add Onions and stir fry for 1 min then ass garlic and fry for another 1 min.
  
3. Once fragrant, add beef and capsicums (I like my capsicum a little raw so I add last.  You can add capsicum before beef if you like them more cooked)

4. Fry for 1/2 min and add seasoning.  Stir well and serve hot with rice.





No comments:

Post a Comment