Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Being Myself

What does it takes to be a woman??? A lot of men may say answer is definitely a nice pair of boobs and bum. To me this is shallow. In this century, being a woman is no longer just allowing herself to serve her husband, children, devote her time to her family and no 'me' time at all, lost of identity.  I, ashamed to admit I used to be like this. Wanted to be devoted, the wife the mother that I should be.  As time went by, I was burnt out, exhausted,  feeling not motivated. Since I started my own life with the kiddos, I reflected and that was 6 years ago. Then I started to be nicer to myself as i settled down with my new single life. Going for occasional facial treatment, shopping a little, having my 'kopi siew dai' with friends etc....... things that i never done I didn't do for long long time......my life starts to come alive again. I am alive again!! Thought it was great!!! The inner courage I have, the never get defeated nature I have helped me through.  Then I started to see a difference. I am happier spending time with the kiddos, I started to enjoy what I was doing in my life, listen to my heart. Life is still beautiful. Live life my way and be myself. Friends will have to accept me as who I am whether they like it or not because this is who I am!!! Saw this posted by a friend on Facebook and I thought this is me!!! 



So, friends who are reading this, are you all like this?? Better be!!!! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment