Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Teacher's Day - Survival Kit

 It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge.
by Albert Einstein

I remember when I was young in primary school, there was this chinese teacher who to me is a MONSTER!!!!  He was scarily fierce and strict.  We were punished in the most infamous ridiculous ways..... he came up with many creative and out of the world punishments.  One of them was biting on to a metal spoon and stood on the table during recess.  We had to carry this metal spoon with us everyday to school on standby for punishment.  There were times when we forgot to bring, the first thing that came to mind was race to the canteen and begged the noodle stall sister to lend one to us and we promised to return once we were done with school.  So terrified of him!!! Those were the crazy days.   
 Looking back, it was such a pathetic and terrifying period for me and my classmates.  Teachers can have such big impact in our lives. Some good some bad.  

Justin's first special school teacher was amazing. Subsequently, he was blessed with many wonderful, caring, skillful teachers.  Without them, he would not be who he is now.  I am grateful.  Same for Charlotte, I have no issues with her teachers since she was in kindergarten.  I am relieve to say that my children are blessed.  





Every year I try to do little things for their teachers.This year I came up with something that need more effort.  A Teacher's Survival Kit!!!  Little inexpensive gift but requires alot of effort.  Got some containers and materials from Daiso and supermart. Content in the container were written on the blue paper in the picture on the right.



It was such a pleasant experience baking the cookies together. We had such great fun but my kitchen was gone.....hehehe..... was in a real mess but I am lucky to have a great helper who helped to clean up while I mess around with the kiddos.

We hope the teachers like our gift.

2 comments:

  1. Hi thanks for sharing!!!I like the idea but came a little late. Will try this next year!!!! Great blog keep posting!!!

    ReplyDelete