Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Wonderful Roasted Potatoes

The moment I saw this recipe I knew I must give it a shot.  Beautiful looking potatoes with bacon and butter.....its enough for me to give up my diet plan ahhaha Most important thing in this recipe is to slice the potatoes into very thin slice and I am glad I have pretty good slicing skill :p It is totally worth all the effort!!



Wonderful Roasted Potatoes

3 tbsp butter, melted
3 tbsp olive oil
10 russet potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly
1 small onion, peeled and sliced thinly
6 stripes of bacon, cut into small bite size
Salt and pepper to taste


1. Preheat oven to 180 degree C

2. Combine melted butter and olive oil in a small bowl.

3. Brush an oven proof dish with the butter mixture. (I use aluminum foil pan)

4. Arrange sliced potatoes vertically in the pan. Stuff sliced onion in between potatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and brush the remaining butter and oil mixture.                

5. Bake for 1 hour and 25 mins uncovered. If potatoes become too dry,brush with more butter and oil mixture.  You may also use a butter knife to separate some of the slices if they stick together too much.

6. While baking the potatoes, brown bacon in a pan with some olive oil.

7. Remove potatoes from oven and stuff bacon all over the potatoes and bake for additional 30 minutes.  Remove from oven.

8. Serve immediately.  Sour cream will be a great accompaniment to the potatoes.



Serve this at party.  Will be great hit!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment