Monday, February 29, 2016

Non Bake Ice cream Oreo Cheesecake

It been more then a year since I posted.  There are some friends asking me about my blog recently so I thought I should get back on the web to start posting again.  As I am about to start writing, I am lost and not sure what to say here. Too much had happened in the past year and the post will become a novel if I go on and on. Well.... I am actually afraid my post will become many of the blogs I have visited.  The author will go on and on talking about something and I will never really read because I cannot be bother.  I will just go straight to the recipe I need and then I will exit the blog. Guess this is not very nice of me. Anyway, what I am going to share today is Oreo Cheesecake that I made not too long ago.  This is a soft ice cream like cheesecake and I bet you will not stop at 1 piece.  It is so simple to make and you should give it a try. 



Non Bake Oreo Cheesecake

16 Oreo cookies
3 tbsp melted butter
250ml whipping cream, chilled
100g cream cheese at room temperature
2 1/2 tbsp confectioners sugar (varies a little to your own preference)
1/2 tsp vanilla essence


1. In a big bowl, crushed 10 pieces of the Oreo cookies using a rolling pin until they are crumbly.

2. Add melted butter into the crushed cookies. Mix well.

3. Pressed the cookie butter mix into the base of a 20cm springform pan. Chill it in the freezer while you prepare the cheese mixture.

4. In big bowl, beat the chilled whipping cream till soft peak and set aside.

5. Use another big bowl to beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla essence till well mix then fold in the whipped cream.

6. Hand crushed 3 Oreo cookies into very small pieces and fold them into the cheese mixture.

7. Remove prepared cookie base from freezer and pour the cheese mixture in.  Smoothen it with a spatula.

8. Break the remaining 3 Oreo cookies into any size that you want to decorate the top of the cheesecake. Be creative!!!

9. Freeze the cheesecake in freezer for at least 3 hours. (Note: The cheesecake will not be frozen)

10. Serve cold for best taste.


No comments:

Post a Comment