Saturday, September 7, 2013

Fish and Onion Rings in Beer Batter

What is the best way to start my day??? Chaos!!!! Within me. No one at home really know whats going on most times.  I make sure i look calm on the surface til Lotte asked me, "mommy, why do you look like this today???" See, i am usually all doll up with makeup when I send kids to school. I am have look crappy. Woke up early but didn't want to get off bed and when my body decided to do so, i knew i am going to be late. My coffee, my routine regime getting myself presentable to face the day all gone down the flush....... so I started my day looking like a total wreck that has been trapped on an island for weeks.

Then went on my day working, running errands, fetching, working again then its close to dinner time!!!!! Gosh!!!! I forgot we all need to eat!!!! Maybe I should go to the garden at the corner of my block for some sweet green grass to stir fry . Ok stay calm Adriana. Not end of the world. Another let's see what we have in the fridge dinner...... hmmmm ok we have frozen fillet, we have a can of beer left 'cold' in the fridge for a long time. Great. Its 630pm, time to make magic!!!!!!! Dinner got to be ready by 715pm!!!!



Fish in Beer Batter

1 1/2 cup self raising flour
3/4 can of chilled beer
1 egg
2 tsp olive oil
Dash of black pepper
Some Basil leaves (i used dried ones)
1 tsp salt
2 pieces of frozen Sutchi fillet 


1. Whisk all ingredients together until smooth.
2. Cut the fillt into small bite piece. Add fish into batter and well coat.
3. While the fish swim in the batter, heat oil for deep frying in a wok.
4. Shaje off excess batter and fry fillet when oil is hot. Fry in medium high heat til golden brown.
4. Drain excess oil and serve with Tartar sauce.


Then i realised i have excess batter and right in front of me are some big yellow onions so i removed the skin and cut them out in rings. Dipped them into the left over batter and fry them till golden brown. Drained off excess oil and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment